Following the resumption of group rides (see Announcement) and experience gained from our A & B rides on Sunday we have updated our guidelines for group riding as follows:
- DO NOT ATTEND any club event if you, or anyone in your household, is symptomatic, or self-isolating.
- Groups of no more than six riders will be formed, and they will depart at two minute intervals.
- As much as possible, we will maintain these groups from week to week, to minimize each member’s “social bubble”
- Social distancing rules apply.
- There is plenty of space in King’s Square, and we encourage its use to maintain separation.
- On the ride, respect other road users (including walkers, runners, horse riders, and cyclists) requirement for social distance (2 metres is the current government guidance) and where necessary single out.
- At the destination, which will be chosen to ensure outside accommodation, please stay with your group.
- Destinations will be selected during the preceding week. In the event of a wet forecast, there may not be a refreshment stop. If so, you are recommended to carry some provisions.
- The destination and route will be posted to the Club’s Facebook page and the Event Calendar. Please take note of it as you may be asked to lead your group.
- No points will be awarded towards attendance-based trophies (e.g. the Dancey Trophy), until further notice.
It would be appreciated if riders would advise the Vice Captain by the previous Friday if they plan to ride (). This will assist him in making arrangements with the venue.