The Dancey Trophy was given to the club in 1932 by Mr Jack Dancey to be awarded to the lady member with the best attendance on Sunday club runs in the calendar year. Jack Dancey first appears in the club records as a member of the committee in 1931 but little else is known of him. At the A.G.M. in 1962, due to the fall in active female members, the rule was amended so that the cup was awarded to the member with the best attendance. Details of how attendance is measured are below, after the table of past winners
Points are gained as follows:
- You must cycle from the start to the end of a section of an official club ride in the company of the club ride to gain 1 point. Riding with the ‘Social’ group, the ‘Sports’ group or the ‘Training’ group will all count.
- The first section of a ride is from Kings Square (or accommodation venue on tour) to a refreshment stop (café, pub, etc.), where some kind of refreshment MUST be taken.
- Subsequent sections are from refreshment stop to refreshment stop, the number of which has no limit, however 4 on any ride day is the recommended maximum.
- No point is awarded from the last refreshment stop to the end of the ride (i.e. to get home).
- A nominal point may be obtained by carrying out official duties for a club event on a club ride day.
- The season runs from 1st September to 31st August and the winner is the person with the most points.