New designs for the A417 Missing Link scheme have been revealed ahead of another round of public consultation. Highways England said changes made “will benefit local connectivity, accessibility and reduce the impact on communities, the environment, and the local landscape”. See a video here
Online consultation will run from October 13 to November 12. Details are here Highways England wants feedback on:
- new crossings: Cotswold Way and Gloucestershire Way crossings
- the change in gradient of the A417 as it climbs the escarpment near Crickley Hill
- the design of Cowley junction
- the rerouting of the B4070 to Birdlip via Barrow Wake
- improvements for walkers, cyclists and horse riders, including disabled users
- the replacement of Common Land, which is a type of green space
- the change in environmental effects as a result of the new design
Feedback from this consultation will help Highways England develop its application for a Development Consent Order.
There will also be five live Q&A events focusing on different topics:
- Safety, traffic and engineering. October 19, 9:30am – 11am
- Landscape, wildlife and habitats. October 20, 9:30am – 11am
- Local access and public rights of way. October 21, 9:30am – 11am
- Land, property, business and tourism. October 22, 9:30am – 11am
- Looking ahead – submission, examination and construction. October 23, 9:30am – 11am.