Considering the damp start and the low clouds there was a reasonable turnout this Sunday though everyone seemed to want to take it cautiously. The sport ride set off as a two up, the B ride led by Colin and the A ride by Richard set off on the tarmac for Stroud. Three riders even turned up on mountain bikes and the Vice Captain led them up Watery Lane to Painswick Beacon where they were astonished to find golfers playing in the mist. One rider, still recovering from injury, headed home via Haresfield whilst his companions spotted the roadies on their way through Randwick. Then another turned for home at Ebley, for lunch. The Vice Captain’s 67% attrition rate was rounded off with a tumble on a wet cattle grid on his way home. Our President stayed on the straight and narrow, following towpaths home, enjoying a taste of the new improved tarmac surface alongside the Ship Canal.
- Stay Alert or Stay At Home? New guidance for cycling May 14, 2020
- Updated advice on exercising during lockdown April 18, 2020
- Cycling dos and don’ts – a reminder April 6, 2020
- Where did you ride today? April 5, 2020
- Coronavirus update March 30, 2020