- This event has passed.
Chain Gang TO BE CONFIRMED
August 11, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until September 22, 2020
An early evening chain gang ride for members only on roads North of Gloucester. Although the aim is to get back before dusk please ensure that you have lights (and mudguards) when needed. Early season rides will cut across the river Severn at Haw Bridge and return via Hartpury. As the evenings lengthen a longer route on the A38 to Tewkesbury, A438, B4211 and A417 will be used. It’s a full on fast ride for 23 miles from Longford to Tewkesbury & back to Maisemore via Corse Lawn, designed for riders capable of keeping up with serious amateurs for 20+ miles. Groups will split into different abilities as required but if you drop off you must be able and willing to find your own way home. If you are not familiar with riding through and off take a look at the British Cycling video and to get a flavour of our Club’s own chain gang, watch the video here.
Note that although this is race training the rules of the road still apply. Be courteous to other road users and ease the pace when going through built up areas. Remember:
- It’s not a race, it’s training
- Aim for a maximum group size of no more than eight, and space groups two minutes or more apart
- Everyone should work together but ride through smoothly and ease off when you come off the front
- Be sure that everyone in the group gets across Longford roundabout
- Don’t start the chain until past Twigworth
- It’s for members only
- Ease up through Tewkesbury town and when you meet the A417 at Corse
- Have fun and be safe
Details of any changes will be posted to the Facebook page for racing members