- This event has passed.
August 20, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until September 24, 2019
An early evening chain gang ride for members only on roads North of Gloucester. Although the aim is to get back before dusk please ensure that you have lights when needed. Early season rides will cut across the river Severn at Haw Bridge and return via Ashleworth. As the evenings lengthen a longer route on the A38 to Tewkesbury, A438, B4211 and A417 will be used. It’s a full on fast ride for 23 miles from Longford to Tewkesbury & back to Maisemore via Corse Lawn designed for riders capable of keeping up with serious amateurs for 20+ miles. Groups will split into different abilities as required but if you drop off you must be able and willing to find your own way home. Watch the video here.
Note that although this is race training the rules of the road still apply. Be courteous to other road users and ease the pace when going through built up areas. Remember:
- It’s not a race, it’s training
- Try and keep it to groups of no more than eight, even if it means three groups
- Everyone should work together but ride through smoothly and ease off when you come off the front
- Set off at two minute intervals and make sure each group waits for everyone in the group to get across the first roundabout
- Don’t start the chain until past Twigworth
- It’s for members only
- Ease up through Tewkesbury town and when you meet the A417 at Corse
- Have fun and be safe